AppTag Laser Blaster brings first person shooter console gameplay to smartphones in the real world. As with any blaster toy, the object is to shoot your friends, but AppTag adds a whole new dimension! The free AppTag Apps keep score via WiFi and 3g/4g (data charges may apply) and players can pick up Augmented Reality Weapons, ammo packs, health Kits, and body armour in a similar way to a console game like HaloTM, but this is real life, inside or outdoors! You can play single, multi or team games and AppTag can be used with other guns that have an accessory rail, such as NerfTM, BuzzBeeTM, etc.
For targeting, AppTag uses a focused infrared beam and sensor for the ‘laser’ so it’s totally safe. Each unit has an IR sender and receiver, and the AppTag unit works together with any attached smart device with a camera. Both iOS and Android single and multi player Apps can be found by searching “AppTag” in the app stores. AppTag works with all iOS devices with a camera, and most Android powered phones running Android 2.3 and above. AppTag works with all iPhones newer than the 3GS and iPods with a camera (4 or newer).
- Easy Setup – The AppTag unit communicates with iPods, iPhones or Android devices using high frequency sound – so it “just works” with no Bluetooth or WiFi setup required. The high frequency sounds are well out of human hearing and don’t disturb animals since the volume is quite low.
- Real Life Video Gaming! Search “AppTag Swarm”, “AppTag Multiplayer”, and “AppTag ARcade” in the app stores for free apps!
- HEX3 has two free Apps available (single and multiplayer) now in Apple and Android app stores that can be found by searching “AppTag”. Also, a number of high profile developers have begun integrating functionality into their games as well as building new games to work with this awesome toy!
- Importantly – the headphone jack is not used, so the microphone and the speaker can be utilized for sound effects and in game “walky talky” communication.
- AppTag clamp works with any device and almost any case, so no need to remove the case! Even large battery pack cases will fit. The included pistol grip works out of the box, or clamp the AppTag on to most NerfTM, BuzzbeeTM blasters – in fact any toy gun with an accessory rail. A sturdy rubberized trigger with wire and several adhesive clips is included for attaching to any existing gun.