Sugru is the exciting new air-curing rubber that can be formed by hand. It bonds to most materials and turns into a strong, flexible silicone rubber overnight.sugru’s patented technology is unique in its combination of hand-formability, self-adhesion and flexibility when cured. It feels like modelling clay, and it’s that easy to use too. Once cured, its durable properties mean it’s comfortable in extreme environments from the dishwasher to the ocean to Antarctica.sugru can be formed and shaped by hand for up to 30 minutes once it has been removed from its packaging.sugru is designed to stick to as many other materials as possible.
It forms a strong bond to aluminum,steel, ceramics, glass, wood and other materials including some plastics like perspex and ABS and rubbers like silicone and butyl rubber.As sugru is a silicone rubber, it feels soft to touch when it has cured, but is also grippy. This makes it perfect for handles and grips as it is comfortable but non-slip.Once cured, you can remove it with a craft knife and then remove residue with fingernails and tissue paper.sugru has a Shore A hardness of 70, Density of 1.3g/cm3, Tensile Strength of 1.89 Mpa, Youngs Modulus of 5.59MPa, an Strain to Failure of 211%, DIN Abrasion Resistance of 24% ARI index (Standard used ISO4649 Method A), Electrical Resistivity – Surface 1.40 × 10^14 Ohms (Standard used BS903), Electrical Resistivity – Volume 2.55 × 10^14 Ohms (Standard used BS903), and a Williams Plasticity of 160mm.
- The exciting new air-curing rubber for gadget lovers / outdoor types / designer-makers / car enthusiasts / photographers / home improvers and anyone who wants to improve or repair their stuff.
- Hand formable,Sticks to almost anything ,Air cures at room temperature,Strong + durable = great outdoors.
- Flexible when cured,Soft touch & grippy ,Stable at High and Low temperatures,Waterproof ,Removeable.
- Sugru will stay fresh for 6 months from the date you receive it. If you use it within its date, the cured sugru will last and last.
- Kids love sugru – it’s just like play dough when it comes out of the pack – but it’s not certified as child safe, so it shouldn’t be used by children.